The scholarship application period for the 2017–18 academic year is now closed. Notification will be sent to each applicant by May 30 informing her whether or not she has been selected to receive a scholarship award. Scholarship applications for the 2018–19 academic year will be available November 15, 2017.
Applying for a Pi Beta Phi Foundation Academic Scholarship
All applications for Pi Beta Phi Foundation scholarships are received through our online system. Remember, you should have a 3.0 cumulative GPA (or Canadian equivalent) and be a member in good standing to be considered for all scholarships, in addition to other criteria.
We have a new, helpful resource for collegians! Click here to see how to apply for a Pi Beta Phi Foundation scholarship.
Information You Will Need to Apply
You should have the following information on-hand before starting your online application:
- Personal information, including permanent and school addresses, initiation date and a list of all Pi Phi, campus activities and community organizations in which you are involved
- Your cumulative undergraduate/graduate GPA (Be prepared to upload your most recent transcript during the online application process)
- Financial information, including the names and amounts of any grants, loans, debts, scholarships and awards. You will need to provide information regarding your income, as well as your parents' income
- FAFSA Estimated Family Contribution Amount. This information is available on your Student Aid Report
- Contact information including email addresses for TWO recommendations — one from a Pi Beta Phi member and one from a college professor/faculty member or employer
- For Alumnae Continuing Education applicants: a current resume and/or information regarding your recent employment within the past five years
Download a list of available academic scholarships and fellowships.
An application must be complete and submitted in its entirety, including completed recommendation and community service verifications. Please note, you only need to complete one application to be automatically applied for all scholarships for which you are eligible. The Sign of the Arrow Melissa Scholarship for community service is the only scholarship with a separate application component.
Not sure which application you should complete? Click here for detailed criteria for all scholarships.